My dear sweet Ashley Carter gifted me with a wonderful handmade diaper bag that I just HAVE to rave about. It’s one of my favorite gifts. I love things that are handmade; so much time, effort and strategy go into them.
So I wanted to write up a review about why I love my diaper bag so much, and I hope that you’ll check out her other awesome handmade items over at her Etsy shop called the Art of Domesticity. Though she’s currently moving back to Texas and therefore taking a short break from her projects, don’t hesitate to check her out later when she’s back in full swing!
So here’s what I like about my diaper bag:
- Customized – The great thing about Ashley’s bag is that it can be exactly what you want and how you want it! I picked out the fabric, told her my needs and how I’d be using the bag and she made it to order. She strategized to incorporate my desires for a pacifier holder, keys holder, closures for each pocket, and adjustable straps. It was her first time doing some of the things I asked her to do and she excelled at each of them! I really love that I got to choose my fabrics. It’s so fun to have something reflect your personal style. And Andrew loves the colors too and doesn’t mind a bit carrying it around.
- Well Made – You can tell by looking at it that Ashley did the job right. It is well made. She’s double stitched and secured things well. The fabric is thick and then lining adds durability to the entire project.
- Above and Beyond – She used her creativity, style and common sense to take note of details that I appreciated. She covered the buckle on the straps with fabric and added an extra rosette on the closure that I hadn’t asked for but I think looks great.
- Washable – I love the knowledge that I can stick this in the wash when it gets spit up all over it! :)…which will probably happen!
- Made with Passion & Love – Ashley loves sewing and creating things. Naturally this makes the things she makes great! Anytime you are passionate about what you do, it usually is marked with excellence. This is true about Ashley’s products. She’s set up an Etsy shop because she really enjoys crafting! She’s also passionate about people and so it’s out of love that she’s been generous in making me this sweet diaper bag and in making great products for others too!
I hope you go check her out. I’m sure if Reynen could talk, he’d say he loves his stylish diaper bag too! 😉